T&T Hotel Consulting’s Technical Service consist of making available to Owner, and to its architects, contractors, engineers, interior designers and other consultants, with the exception of the civil and structural consultants, T&T’s expertise and experience in design and planning of hotels and resorts as set forth below.
T&T shall make available at appropriate times and for appropriate periods the services of appropriate technical personnel to ensure the prompt commencement and execution of the Technical Services. T&T shall designate an appropriate person to be its project representative, who will co-ordinate the provision of the Technical Services and liaise with Owner concerning the technical aspects of the design, planning and construction of the resort, and may designate an alternative to its project representative in the event that the representative is unavailable at any time o from time to time.
T&T shall provide technical and operational advice to Owner in the development of the criteria for the hotel and participate with Owner in the preparation and approval of the design schedule.
T&T shall provide timely responses to questions raised by Owner during the course of development of the design schedule, and shall provide Owner with operating requirements for all aspects of the design and construction of the resort, including but not limited to spa, interior design, food and beverage equipment, laundry and housekeeping equipment, communications ( incl. telecommunication and security systems ), audio/video systems, mechanical and electrical systems and components and safety systems.
T&T shall provide written operating criteria as required for all systems, equipment and other similar elements and components.
The Owner shall employ the following consultants for the design and development of the Hotel in accordance with the necessary timeliness advised by T&T Hotel Consulting unless otherwise agreed in writing.
All such consultants must be licensed and qualified to practice as professionals in the jurisdiction where the Hotel is located, and must demonstrate to T&T and Owner satisfaction relevant international experience in hospitality projects. T&T shall review and provide recommendations to the Owner on the qualification of such consultants. Notwithstanding the above, owner shall engage the consultants listed below.
• Project Manager
• Interior Designer (on request T&T Design Division can render full interior design services in-house base to separate agreement)
• Landscape Consultant
• Structural Engineers
• MEP Engineers
• FL&S Consultant
• BMS Engineer
• Quantity Surveyor and Cost Controller
• Kitchen/Laundry/Back of House (BOH) consultants ( T&T can render such services in-house )
• Graphics and Signage Engineer
• Procurement Agent or Manager
Architectural design guidance and operational efficiency analysis
A thorough analysis of the proposed architectural design scheme in accordance with hospitality design parameters to maintain a desired caliber for guest experience and a viable operation for the owners and operators. This exercise comprises of the Front of House, Guest related zones and Back of House sectors, and aims to fine tune the traffic flow and operations simultaneously.
T&T shall provide consulting services with Owner in connection with the construction and equipping of the Hotel ensuring the Hotel is designed in accordance with the overall concept and the international appropriate Operating Standards. Such consulting services shall include (without limitation)
• Prepare initial design statement and adjacency diagram for Hotel or review of the same if already in existence.
• Provide T&T design criteria during the design process as required.
• Advise to Owner’s interior designers with initial design brief and suggestions on functional layout of guestrooms, public areas, spa, restaurants, bars, and others.
• Review, comment and approve design development and final presentation for interiors.
• Advise on material specifications for carpeting, wall coverings, fabrics etc.
• Review, comment and approve final construction documentation drawings for interiors, and purchase specifications for furniture and furnishings.
• T&T will review the interior design drawings at key milestone stages namely schematic design, design development, construction documentation.
Operator brand and design standards compliance management
The management of the design to be in keeping with the provision of compulsory components and design related requirements of a specific operator; in accordance with the generic design guidance, hallmarks, and project specific requirements which are contractually agreed between the owner and the operator.
• Advise to Owner’s landscape architect in developing site plans with suggestions of concepts, themes, landscape treatments, pedestrian flow and functional layouts or review of the same if in existing.
• Review, comment and approve final construction documentation drawings and planting schedules for landscape elements, including soft scape, waterscape and hardscape all by taking into consideration the use of the land/site and future maintenance aspects.
Kitchen and Laundry Design and Criteria
• Advise to Owner’s consultants in preparation of conceptual layouts and necessary equipment.
• Prepare of initial design statements, area program, and adjacency diagram for the Hotel, if requested by the Owner.
• Review and comment conceptual drawings and equipment schedule including load schedule by Owner’s consultant.
• Review and comment engineering drawings showing locations and sizes of necessary mechanical, electrical and plumbing connections by Owner’s consultant.
• Prepare initial guidelines for F&B, laundry and housekeeping equipment identifying all required functions for use as a basis of preliminary and final designs.
• On-site inspections and site coordination meetings as required during construction and at the completion of the Hotel, especially during the installation and testing and commissioning of the systems and equipment.
Graphic and Signage Design and Criteria
• Provide appropriate design Standards and Criteria during the design process.
• Advise to Owner’s consultants in establishing design briefs and suggestions for graphic, signage and uniforms.
• Review, comment and approve schematic design phase by Owner’s consultants.
• Review, comment and approve in selection of typography, paper stock, materials and other design issues during design development phase.
• Review, comment and approve design development drawings
• Prepare and submit of text required for collaterals and artwork.
• Assist the Owner in tender documentation review.
FF & E and OS & E
T&T shall provide consulting services with Owner in connection with the construction and equipping of the Hotel ensuring the Hotel is designed in accordance with the overall concept and its standards.
T&T will review standards and criteria for all aspects of FF&E and OS&E as set out below as a guideline for the Hotel’s requirements, in coordination with Owner’s Purchasing Agent/Manager and Design Consultant’s submission of standards and criteria.
At the request of the Owner, T&T shall review and recommend the purchase in the selection of.
• Furniture and Furnishings
- Public Areas
- Art Program
• Major Equipment
- Kitchen and Bars
- Laundry and Valet
• Operating Equipment
- Silverware & Chinaware
- Rooms and Guest Service
- Outlet Equipment
• Special Hotel Equipment
- Hotel Management System
- Spa Equipment
- Office Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment
- Shelving and Lockers
- Recreation Equipment
- Miscellaneous Accessories
• Ancillary Hotel Equipment
- Kitchen Utensils
- Dining Room Accessories
- Engineering Tools and Equipment
- Housekeeping Utensils
Representation and partly On-Site Service
• Production and maintenance of design deliverable programs
- This service is conducted in conjunction with the milestones and the program set by the owner's project management initiatives, and is meant to ensure the performance of the design teams to deliver the needed design deliverables in a timely fashion.
• Guidance and advice on design and package implications during pre-construction phase and upon build ability issues
- A detailed design analysis to assess the viability of any given design by conducting a simulation of interaction of all involved disciplines, and apply modification measures as needed per the results of this analysis.
• Advice on value management and project specifications
- The projection of the value performance of a project in its life span to assess the design components' contribution due to use and operation, and the categorization of the related precautionary measures to ensure a high yield against time.
• Maintaining the design brief within cost restraints
- The analysis to set the budgetary framework and its realistic impact on the design.
• Risk assessment and risk management assistance
- The interactive cause & effect scenario related with the possible risks that may jeopardize the timely delivery of a project, and a parallel structural analysis to manage these risks per the phases of a project.
• Legislative compliance assistance
- Support function to ensure the contractual obligations of both the owner and the operator are matched and are in effect throughout the provision of technical services.
• Management of multidisciplinary design teams both internally and externally via cross discipline coordination from inception through to completion
- Monitoring and orchestrating all disciplines including architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, design and all in house and exterior consultants.